Friday, November 10, 2006

Inside the villa










Thursday 7th September 2006
Adam and Rosalind were up at about 1100 while Sheila and I staggered out of bed at1145 deciding that it was to be another ‘vege out’ day, just reading and looking at the sea. Sheila and Adam were more productive with Sheila producing some antipasto and Adam an excellent pasta. We ate the antipasto on the rooftop terrace and were treated to a huge firework display that was based on a large barge moored in the bay just below the villa. We discovered a few days later that the fireworks were part of the wedding celebrations of a young couple and the bride’s family who owned a very large yacht also moored in the bay. It went on for about twenty minutes and we thought it was one of the best fireworks displays that we had ever seen.
I took the opportunity on this day to take a few photos of the inside of the villa and they are included next.
I also had to include one of many pictures that I took of the hibiscus on the patio.

These were the heraldic devices in the loggia that had me intrigued and one day I will find out their history

Sheila in one of the sitting rooms



Note the holy grail motif on the ancient tiles

Some of the vaulted ceilings



Rosalind and the vaulted ceilings








My favourite picture of inside the villa



I would love to know the history behind these tiles as well especially given the middle eastern and far eastern chaps on the far right; and the distinctive birthmarks on the faces

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home